Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hace a 66 289with p/s. I have headers right now and i dropped the p/s cylinder for them. Anyway, i was wondering if long long tube headers are available for my car. I mean the kind that comes all the way out to run along the underside of the door. I have seen cobra's with them ( Not mustang cobra's). I thing they would look nice. Does anyone know where i could order them? Prices? I have gone to speed shops and no one knows. Thanks

@jay
even god doesn't know everything about mustangs

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
The side pipe exhausts were fairly popular in the sixties and early seventies. You can equate them to the ricer imagine of today :)

Sorry, but I think they look tacky.

Paul
1965 Mustang 2+2
1989 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA #27261
MCA certified judge for 65's and late models

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Do you mean headers with side pipes?

John

[color:blue]66 coupe 289 2v C4 needs restore</font color=blue>
[color:blue]70 coupe 351W 2v c4 almost done (?)</font color=blue>
[color:red]71 coupe 302 2v C4

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
You're looking for side pipes. Besides Cobras, I've only seen real ones for Corvettes and Camaros.

How handy are you? Buy some tubing and add on to your headers.

Tom
You can do anything you want to......ONCE!
aka "my 66 coupe"

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
They used to make them where only one of the inlets were functional. They also made exhaust mufflers and pipes which split into 4 at the end to exit the side of the car ala Funny car style called Zoomies. Haven't seen them in quite a while. Don't even remember where my old one are.... Hmmm... something else for eBay!!!

Tom Kubler, Long-time Mustang Enthusiast & San Antonio Mustang Club Founder

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had them on my 70 duster back in the late seventies. That car was loud and tacky and I miss it. They looked stupid then and would look worse now, but to each his/her own

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts