Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 7 months of using the holley 80457 "clean air carb, I thought I'd post so others who get one have info..

I'm running a bone stock truck 5.0 with headers, an edelbrock performer, and a duraspark conversion.

At first it seemed to be ridiculously lean...I thought it was the calibration, but I was qualifying for the doofus!! (dont ask!!)

After that fiasco, I returned it to out of the box calibration....boy, an automatic choke was nice when it was cold out!!

I looked at the plugs today....very very white insulators....of course a 600 is A LITTLE big for a 302, particularly one not calibrated entirely for performance ( bleeds are different from a 1850)

It comes with 65 primary jets...I installed 69's and it seemed to drive nicely....

I'll repost as I get some miles on this calibration (and maybe reduce accel pump....a 302 dual plane intake is on the small side)

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
I am still adapting to my carburetor.. I have the same one on my Cleveland. So far I havent tweaked it a whole lot... it runs OK, but I know it could be better.

PS: I didnt know they were clean air carbs...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts