Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd just like to introduce myself. I have a 65 coupe that we got for a father/daughter project in April of this year. Most of the body work had been done but most of the car was in boxes and bags and not much of it is useable. We replaced the front/rear suspension and steering linkage as well as converted to a collapsible column. We pulled the engine/trans and had them rebuilt. In July the car went away for paint and returned in October. We put the engine/trans back in the car and have been doing all the little things to get the car finished. Except for farming out the engine, trans, and body/paint we have done all of the work ourselves. Our goal is to have a nice looking everyday car that we can be proud of.

It has been a bit of a challenge to put this car together since I didn't take it apart and I'm mostly a GM guy, but we are getting there. I have used many manuals and this forum as guides since we got the car. Just wanted to thank the members for the huge amount of hands on information and experiance that I have used from this forum.

dawglips (AKA Randy)

http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/50/650/0/63/98/2518063980102579365oTLqDg_th.jpg

http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/69/69/7/83/79/2122783790102579365qHmvqM_th.jpg

Webshot Pics

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yes welcome to VMF. I too have gotten alot of knowledge here and it keeps coming .

You and your daughter should be proud . Thats alot of work in such a short time and learning the quirks of the Mustang . I will add welcome to Ford land also LOL. Nice looking car and you should have come right in some great people with alot of knowledge with all the years .

Nice Webshots slide show if i may add too. They dont bounce around like some host sites do .

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Welcome, glad you're here

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Didn't see your WEB shots till just now.

Amazing...just amazing in that time frame.
My daughter is 2 1/2 and I hope to be done when she is ten :)
You are a lucky Dad and she is a lucky Dad's Daughter!

·
Registered
793 Posts
You are one lucky man.I have two daughters who wouldn't even go to a car show with me.Congrats on a beautiful car.

·
Registered
696 Posts
You and your daughter are doing a great job on the car. I have a 65 coupe too. If you need pictures of anything, let me know. Looks like you are getting close to being done. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Randy,

Welcome to the VMF! You and your daughter have done a fantastic job on your coupe!

·
VMF Full-Timer
3,823 Posts
Welcome aboard, even if you are a GM guy. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Cool! Welcome Aboard!

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Not everyone can buy a Mustang Kit and get it re-assembled in the time and condition you two have done. Then being a GM guy even adds to it. Congrats on a sweet looking project for the two of you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. We are looking forward to the first firing of the engine.

Randy

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,020 Posts
Nice job on the car. You two make a good team. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Welcome to the forum - you won't find a better source of honest info or positive people. I've seen a few other forums, and you wouldn't want your kids looking at some of them. VMF stands out from the herd.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts