Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Firstly, let me apologise for not being too active on the posting front for some time. I still check in and see whats going on, but due to continuing work on the SIX and building the house, just don't get as much VMF time as I would like.

Just to let you know... the I6 is up and running, we still have a few issues to sort out. We discovered that the increased heat under the hood was evaporating the fuel before it hit the carbs. This was meaning whenever I took it anywhere, as long it was moving it was ok, but as soon as hit low revs and slow corners it was stalling! We have wrapped the fuel lines tot the carb etc, and it has gone some way to help.

SO a brief internet trip to Demon Tweeks and some new bits are on the way. Will post soon with all the bits and progress!

Hope everyone is well, and speak real soon!

Melanie.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Glad to hear that everything is ok. I checked your website on Friday and I was a bit worried that you hadn't updated the site for a long time. I might become involved in building a six as a club mag article material with a friend of mine. We haven't decided what to do with the manifold/carb issue, are we just going to do a rebuild with as much as can be done cheaply(relatively speaking)/easily or whether somebody is willing to lay down the cash for 3*1 setup or 3*2v with homemade intake manifold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts