Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Why do you think you'll need longer wheel studs? The switch from drum to disc does not usually necessitate longer studs.

If you do need longer studs, try Summit or Jegs. One of the determining factors is the diameter of the studs knurled area where it seats into the hub. Once this is determined, you should be able to find something, but I'd wait until you're sure that you're going to need them.

Dave

·
Registered
511 Posts
I didn't think mine would, but the combination of new wheels where the nut sits out farther on the stud, and the Baer disc brake conversion required it. I got mine from Steeda - I like the nub on the end for fast on/off. I think I got the 2.5" length.

http://www.steeda.com/products/racing_wheel_studs.php

·
Registered
474 Posts
had to replace mine also with the baer conversion...i got the arp studs for ford disc from summit. i think $14 and cut them to size....also had to clearance the knurl a little because it was keep my rotors from seating correctly....

max

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
maxoverclock said:
had to replace mine also with the baer conversion...i got the arp studs for ford disc from summit. i think $14 and cut them to size....also had to clearance the knurl a little because it was keep my rotors from seating correctly....

max
x2 I bought the ARPs when I put my Baer brake kit on as well. I didnt have to cut mine down as they fit under the center caps on my wheels.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I bought the replacement moroso ones in 3". This required using an open end lug nut...which is what a lot of tracks prefer anyway. Got them from summit.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I just completed the crown vic rear disc swap. I had to get studs with a shorter sholder, they may be slightly longer. It may depend on what parts you will use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts