Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I could buy longer u-bolts at? I need them to have the stock 2-7/8" inner diameter and be at least an additional 1" or 2" longer to fit the aftermarket shock plates I purchased. The stock 7" length u-bolts will hardly thread on the nut with no washers.

Any links would be awesome!

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Convertible
1,102 Posts
If all else fails you can use something like this:

The U bolts are like 8". I have this set that I installed but it was way too low so I took them off. If you need them hit me up, would let go for $20 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350-Tribute Restomod. 2019 Shelby GT350.
130 Posts
I got a set of 4 made locally by a spring shop in Boise (Boise Spring Works). I specified the rod diameter and length. The cost was $4 each and I picked them up 2 hours after placing the order. They even threw in new automotive flange bolts and washers. You might see if there's a spring shop near you that can do the work.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If all else fails you can use something like this:

The U bolts are like 8". I have this set that I installed but it was way too low so I took them off. If you need them hit me up, would let go for $20 plus shipping.
That sounds like a deal to me! I'll send you a message. Thanks!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a set of 4 made locally by a spring shop in Boise (Boise Spring Works). I specified the rod diameter and length. The cost was $4 each and I picked them up 2 hours after placing the order. They even threw in new automotive flange bolts and washers. You might see if there's a spring shop near you that can do the work.
Thanks for replying! Hopefully I won't have to but that's a good idea if I can't get anything shipped quickly enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts