Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go On Look on our favorite auction site # 1848698131 has a nice paint job though.. Sorry Wrong Number before I corrected it!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hmm. Looks like they did a decent job on it. Granted 40K+ is still a lot for this car. But looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Good looking car, but wow thats alot of money, for that and a little more you could have the real thing or even a Boss '9.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yep, another Eleanor replica. But really how many have you seen so far? How many of those were finished VERY well? I know that $42K is a ton of money, but look at what the DUMB movie Gone in 60 Seconds has done to the values of real Shelbys and mustang fastbacks in general. Do I believe that they are the same as a real Shelby? Of course not! Nobody in there right mind would. What they are buying is the Eleanor clone not the Shebly clone.

I have gotten a tremendous amount of replies from car guys to house wives. It is a beautiful looking replica that has had a ton of work done.

I am an active VMF'er for the last couple years and even bought this car from a fellow VMF'er for $12,000 before we started the transformation. Add to that about $10,000 in parts and another $10,000 in labor and $2,000 for change of interior color and about $1,000 in paint and materials and you have already gotten about $35K in your car.

I love all of the Shelbys and would never try to compare any Eleanor to them. We are building Eleanors and that is what the people are really buying.

Here is a link to my web page so you can see the work involved from start to finish... http://eleanormustangs.com

Between 80-100 hours are required JUST to get the $5000 Eleanor body kit to fit.

There is a real 67 GT500 on [email protected] right now that is at $95,000! The real value and price of a car is what the seller and buyer think it is worth to them.

I am sure you will agree that my Eleanor is a beautiful car but no matter what I will never say or compare it to the original Shelbys.

Thanks, Scott Pearson (VMF id pearsonmustang)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts