Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, another Eleanor replica. But really how many have you seen so far? How many of those
were finished VERY well? I know that $42K is a ton of money, but look at what the DUMB
movie Gone in 60 Seconds has done to the values of real Shelbys and mustang fastbacks in
general. Do I believe that they are the same as a real Shelby? Of course not! Nobody in there
right mind would. What they are buying is the Eleanor clone not the Shebly clone.

I have gotten a tremendous amount of replies from car guys to house wives. It is a beautiful
looking replica that has had a ton of work done.

I am an active VMF'er for the last couple years and even bought this car from a fellow VMF'er
for $12,000 before we started the transformation. Add to that about $10,000 in parts and another
$10,000 in labor and $2,000 for change of interior color and about $1,000 in paint and materials
and you have already gotten about $35K in your car.

I love all of the Shelbys and would never try to compare any Eleanor to them. We are building
Eleanors and that is what the people are really buying.

Here is a link to my web page so you can see the work involved from start to finish...
http://eleanormustangs.com

Between 80-100 hours are required JUST to get the $5000 Eleanor body kit to fit.

There is a real 67 GT500 on [email protected] right now that is at $95,000! The real value and price of a
car is what the seller and buyer think it is worth to them.

I am sure you will agree that my Eleanor is a beautiful car but no matter what I will never say or
compare it to the original Shelbys.

Thanks, Scott Pearson (VMF id pearsonmustang)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I wish you luck on your adventure. I often dream of giving up the computer business and get into some high end auto business. The car looks beautiful. i'm clueless as to how good of a clone you built. If it passed me on the highway i'de say "there's Eleanor!". Let us know when you sell it and if you got your asking price.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I looked at your auction and really had to admire the replication (did not see any fit problems with the hood nor did I remember the movie car well enough to note the gas cap location, but otherwise that is the Eleanor I remember from the film).

I have a tough time seeing what is essentially a standard fastback (in performance and mechanicals) going for $42K but if someone wants Eleanor, you've certainly recreated her for them. Customs do tend to bring higher selling prices than the original platform would suggest so I'll be interested to know what happens. Good luck! Hope you get your price or close to it; who knows, it could be the start of an interesting venture.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Man Mark... you really are a ***** arent you? Guy is showing of his hard work and effort, and you made 3 posts about how it isnt right... Let me ask you, how does it compare to your own?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello, I am trying to post a couple pictures to the page but I don't know if I remember how the HTML goes. Lets try this.

Here is a close up of the hood. It was the best piece in the Eleanor body kit. We used the Shelby light weight spring so you have to make sure the corners are pressed down to keep the fit. We do have the gas filler cap on the rear 1/4 and are working to make it functional before the car is sold.

I enjoyed the movie except for the "hollywood" input (jump sequence) A couple things like that was all I didn't like.

Thanks, Scott
http://eleanormustangs.com/images/eleanor31.jpg

http://eleanormustangs.com/images/eleanor52.jpg
http://eleanormustangs.com/images/eleanor54.jpg

·
Registered
771 Posts
yes i was a *****, i was just pointing some things out, I WAS wrong in doing that i was just saying, yes he is showing off his hard work and it is nice especially the paint and body, very nice in fact but i just cant see myself paying that much for that, You can find a little abused 67 gt 500 for the same amount but still The paint and body are very nice maybe it was just my eyes about the hood pearsonmustang please pm me

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Personally, I think the movie was terrible. I coudnt even sit through the entire movie. I would hardly compare Jim Cowles' 67 GT 500 to any eleanor clones, yet alone use it as the standard to which you compare any other shelby's value. 2 years ago I couldnt justify spending 20-25k on a 67 shelby project, and seeing the prices now only makes me only more stubborn. I think the eleanor clones are butt ugly. You can charge whatever you want for them, I am sure you will sell a few and make some money. Im looking forward to when this fad passes....Maybe the GTOs will become hot, and next year you will be building 'triple x' GTOs with rocket launchers, and ejector seats.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I, also, respect the hard work you put into this project. The car looks great, and you should be proud. On that note, I just painted my 67 convertible, myself, at a friends bodyshop. It came out beautiful, except for one very small nick I missed in the front of the hood (near the "F" in FORD.) Needless to say, most people have praised the paint job, the true idiots only comment on that small nick. Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
My favorite part about the Eleanor replica must be the blue foglights/turn signals (?) right next to the taillights. That's an awesome front fascia!!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
What is your problem? Since when did disagreeing with someone's vision become the basis for personal attacks? Whether you like the idea of an Eleanor clone or not, at least respect the effort and workmanship that has gone into building a very realistic version. I'm not a big fan of hot rods, but I will give those who do them well their due. It's called maturity. You might try acquiring some.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts