Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Must be the Chips in the paint are scaring off all the bidders on this one of a kind deal ::!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Must be the Chips in the paint are scaring off all the bidders on this one of a kind deal ::!

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Thats just disgusting looking ::

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
But at least the export braces and export bar are blue! LOL
Stan

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
$48K? This guy is on some SERIOUS drugs! I woudn't give him 10k for it. Over 400HP? Yeah, right ... let's see the dyno sheet!

All I can say is that Eleanor was butt ugly on a '67/'68 fastback. Seeing it on a '66 coupe is enough to make me puke! ::
But how do you really feel about it? :p

Oh! And look! It's a "100% RESTORED" Eleanor. What are the odds of that?

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I saw that too about the two piece export brace. With all that supposed HP you'd think he wanted to tighten up that front end by putting the one piece in and.... maybe putting all of the bolts in the MonteCarlo bar! The fender does not line up on the passenger side too and the stripe is going up-hill on that fender. THAT's why he took the right side pic of the lower fender with the door open. An old used car trick. Overall though I don't hate it as much as everybody else. I'd give him $8K for it. ::

·
Registered
870 Posts
For 48K I would expect the engine compartment to look better, and certainly not that candy-a** blue color. Shouldn't he go ahead and put the other bolts in the Monte Carlo bar?
The interior should also be totally pimp with power windows, door locks, etc.
I don't mind Eleanors so much, but why do they all have to be the same color?
This guy does need de-tox.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I would wonder about all the filled in body seams. How long until they all crack? I don't think the car is all that ugly. Sits way too high, but not for me in any shape or form. $48k for a C code is quite wishful thinking, but HEY you never know who is bidding on stuff out there...

·
Registered
480 Posts
The best part is the scrolling font at the bottom that reads
BE SURE TO BID FAST, THIS CAR MAY BE GONE IN 60 SECONDS!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I'm sure there is an honest error on the asking price, there must be one to many zero's.

·
Registered
586 Posts
how high would the compression ratio be with 58cc heads and flat top pistons?? it seems like it would be somehwere closer to 12-1 than 10.5-1. but it may just ben me.

Preston
Future NASCAR Chevy Killer & The Lord of that Dance

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
It's totally rebuilt, brand new and he won't even offer a warranty. It's AS IS. But like my dad always said if you're stupid enough to put a price on it there's always some idiot that's stupid enough to buy it. I hope that's not true here.
Ken

1 - 20 of 20 Posts