Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this guy needs help..."this is a real GT door." Is it really that hard to do just a little research?

Ebay Item number: 310009395270

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Thats a beauty. I didn't know GTs had special doors. Looks like speaker opening was made with a can opener.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Every time I scan ebay for '67/'68 Mustang parts half of them are advertized as
Shelby parts! Wonder why he didn't say Shelby? :confused:

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Pete, I feel your pain. That's why I added the scam page to my website.

The door speakers only came with the AM/FM radio right? This was an option available separately from the deluxe interior, and GT's did not necessarily come with deluxe interior nor did they necessarily come with AM/FM radios.

Also, since my fastback was not a GT, and did not have a deluxe interior, but did have the AM/FM radio with the door speakers, the door was precut for the deluxe interior door lights, but they were not installed. My doors also has about 8 or 10 hard to duplicate square holes for the plasting mounting pieces for the finned door trim.

So, yeah, this "GT door" missed the mark in so many ways...

G

·
The door speakers came with the 8 track "stereo" system. I don't recall specifically if the 67/8 AM/FM was a stereo or mono unit.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
That may be it. I don't have my Marti report in front of me with what it was called. I think it was stereo though. Don't recall if it was 8 track or not. I'll email myself a reminder to check at home tonight unless somebody else chimes in.

Not that it really matters, its a bad ebay listing any way you look at it.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Still can't find my Marti report (its likely put someplace safe and that I would remember), but I'm still pretty sure it was AM/FM stereo that my car came with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts