Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going through the old photo albums this afternoon and found one of the reasons why I like Mustangs so much

http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/images/02-84vert05.jpg

Kinda hard to see.....but there is my old 84 GT vert under that gaggle of girls. I'm in there as well, and I manged to lose that other guy in the photo about 5 minutes later when I said, everyone will fit but you and we all drove off in the vert. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Those were the days.....wait a minute....I'm still living those days....

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't need belts when you are Doing the Wildwood slow cruise around the boardwalk hot spots /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i know this is way off the topic of this thread, but its been bugging me: G1967T, what did you do to your car to lower it? i have a 65, since i have to get new springs anyways, i figure ill get lowered ones. just wonderin how far to go. thanks

- Jason

·
Registered
391 Posts
Jason,
My car is lowered approximately 1 ½ inches front and rear. The rear has reverse eye 4 ½ leaf springs. The front has Eibach progressive rate springs with 1/3 coil removed and a Pro Motorsports negative wedge kit. When looking at that picture, keep in mind the rims and wheel covers are 15”; the tires are 215/60 front and 225/60 rear (height of tires are approx. stock). The springs, kit, and advice are available at:

http://www.drgas.com/promotor/products.html

The negative wedge kit drops the car a little more than the Shelby drop and includes a special wedge part that eliminates ball joint binding characteristic of the Shelby drop. Trimming the coil springs was done after checking finished height. Removal of the front rear spring bolts was a bitch; a lot of penetration oil and waiting a day made that job much easier than trying to use a sawzall.

This is a tough job and can be done in one weekend, but will most likely take more time. Using a spring compressor can be very dangerous; think through each step carefully before doing it and consider having an experienced person present!

Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts