Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of a 1965/1966 convertible w/ the black & white two-tone deluxe pony interior?

Was this color combo available on a car with a Rangoon Red exterior in 1965?

I am considering this combo for my 65' vert project but wanted to see pictures first (if possible)

Thanks all.

Eric

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The black / white and red / white two-tone pony interiors are an aftermarket creation and were never available on any original Mustang. The two-tone pony interior colors available in '65 were:

blue / white (code 62)
aqua / white (code 67)
ivy gold / white (code 68)

In '66, emberglo / parchment two-tone pony interior was added (code 64).

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According the the decoder that I have used.

66 was the code designated for the black/white color combo that was available in 1965.

Is this not true?

Thanks all.

Eric

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Code 66 is for an all black pony interior (no white anywhere).

The closest code to what you're looking for in 1965 is code F6, white with black appointments. White vinyl, doors, all painted metal, dash face, console (if any), and kick panels; black carpet, dash pad (including metal trim), and seat belts. Note that code F6 in 1966 is the same, but instead of white the color is parchment, which is the closest you could get to white in 1966.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I believe sdgrant hit the nail on the head... the black/white and red/white (and I've even seen a really attractive maroon/white) are all aftermarket combos.

Without my decoder info right in front of me, I can't be sure; but could you be referring to the white with black appointments interior?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve:
Thanks for the information.
I appreciate it.

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts