Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Probably 5 to 10k. It is going to take a lot money and money and time. Have they given you a price? 69's are getting harder to find. Have you checked the vin to see if really is a mach 1?

·
Premium Member
10,077 Posts
Without a Marti Report the VIN alone does not tell you if a '69 Sportsroof is a M1 or not. The Warranty Tag on the driver's door will have 63C as the Body if it's a M1. If you have a Marti Report it will tell you everything about the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know what it is worth but I do know you will spend a lot when you start shopping for parts. You may already kmow but starting there may help you figure it out.

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
The 69/70 Mach 1 Mustangs are extremely popular and, as mentioned above, project versions are getting hard to find. If it's really a Mach 1, and you can replace all the rusted metal yourself, it would be worthwhile to buy that car. It might still be worthwhile if it's a fastback and not a Mach 1. These days, all the fastbacks are fetching high dollar prices.

If you will be taking the car to a shop for rust repair, don't bother. You'll spend so much money it will just make you cry.

That's my take.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
79 and 70 Fastbacks have and always will support premium prices,......they’re most everyone’s favs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts