Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, looking for a car for my daughters and I to restore, possibly to keep possibly to sell at the right price. Then we can just do it again and keep that one. LOL I am in central Jersey, will look anywhere if the person would help if I send a shipping company to pick up. trying to stay around 4 figure range for the car.

Thansk in advance

·
Super Moderator
9,615 Posts
$9,000 convertibles are pretty rough, have you been looking?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, been looking for a while. I saw a place in CA that has quitea few gen 1s for sale and reasonble numbers, and lots of photos. For what thats worth. They have 66 convertible numbers matching for 4000. 289 2bbl looks rough.

What do you think? Any input is very helpful

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Tough to tell from a single pictures, but I am guessing you will easily be putting $20k into that just to get it to respectable road worthiness. Just preparing you. I understand you want to do the work with your daughter, but that is going to be A LOT of work.

·
Premium Member
3,811 Posts
Reactions: Riannone

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I was assuming 15 in parts, but 20 is agreeable, into the car, I have other pictures if they help. If it is finished as a really nice daily driver, not a concourse resto, is it worth 30? I was hoping if we do it all, demo to paint, is there a chance to not lose on it. Although at the end of the day breaking even, and spending that time with the girls. Might be more valuable.

·
Super Moderator
9,615 Posts
Stay away from lots, buy direct.
That car is a Money Pit.

Search auto tempest, Nationwide. Find the car, Only then decide if it’s too far.

Will you be doing the work yourself, can you weld?

Early Mustangs are Not Number matching verifiable.

·
Super Moderator
9,615 Posts
Yes, I was assuming 15 in parts, but 20 is agreeable, into the car, I have other pictures if they help. If it is finished as a really nice daily driver, not a concourse resto, is it worth 30? I was hoping if we do it all, demo to paint, is there a chance to not lose on it. Although at the end of the day breaking even, and spending that time with the girls. Might be more valuable.
You’ll be upside down on the car, hugely upside down if you farm the labor out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stay away from lots, buy direct.
That car is a Money Pit.

Search auto tempest, Nationwide. Find the car, Only then decide if it’s too far.

Will you be doing the work yourself, can you weld?

Early Mustangs are Not Number matching verifiable.
I tried tempest. No luck yet. I can weld, not a pro, a hobbyist. I assume I’ll get better as I do it. That’s interesting on the numbers, thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,615 Posts
This board is Great.

Anything you want to do, someone here has already done. They’ll walk you through it,.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know, I have been here 2 days and I can’t believe how awesome everyone is. I look forward to becoming quite good at these Reston.

·
Super Moderator
9,615 Posts
You were asking about selling a car for 30K,......only once you have 40K + invested in parts, with Your Free labor!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts