Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I currently have a '67 passenger seat and a '68 driver seat in my 1967 conv., not sure why previous owner did that, but whatever.. Would like to get a matching set. Interior is black, but will probably re cover anyhow. Also need both front and rear seat belts, black.

I'm in MA and would prefer to pick up (with in reason) vs ship.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,575 Posts
The 68’s lock in place, vs folding forward.

Haven’t you noticed the lever?

The belts can be sourced new.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the car is a '67 but the drivers seat is a '68 and the passengers is a '67. I would like to get two of the same.
As for the belts, the rears are missing and the fronts are not standard. I know I can buy new, but figured if anyone had some in decent shape it would be cheaper.

I just got the car and am in tinkerer mod...lol

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
55 year old seat belt webbing and stitching has probably deteriorated.

Mr. Safety says buy new.

Reactions: Israel

·
Premium Member
6,896 Posts
Seat belt material was rated at 18 years. No matter how hard you pull, it will do fine. However, the force your body puts on it even at low speed is FAR FAR FAR higher than what you can pull on it with your hands.

Just them either A) rewebbed (Cheap) or completely restored.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I used to test liters used for hoisting people into helicopters.

Im not certain on the specifics, but I seem to remember that I loaded 250 lbs in it, let it hang for X hours, then let it free fall x feet

Regardless, there was a age limit on the straps, 2 years I think.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Hey all,
I currently have a '67 passenger seat and a '68 driver seat in my 1967 conv., not sure why previous owner did that, but whatever.. Would like to get a matching set. Interior is black, but will probably re cover anyhow. Also need both front and rear seat belts, black.

I'm in MA and would prefer to pick up (with in reason) vs ship.

Thanks!
I should have both the seats and the belts Ray i am in Ma. Ray [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts