Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm looking for a 67-68 Coupe with no engine or trans. Must have a V8 suspension(putting in a 351 and a C6). Must be solid would prefer a interior but doesnt need to have it. If you have any info on a car like this or anything under $4000 let me [email protected] Thanks Chris

·
Registered
967 Posts
Must have a V8 suspension(putting in a 351 and a C6).
Just to let you know that the 67+ front ends are all the same except for four lug hubs versus 5 lug hubs. You would probably swap to front discs anyways so that change is inevitable. The straight 6 rear would need to be changed but if you are going to use 351 you would probably want a nine inch anyways which are originally only found in big blocks.

My point is I wouldn't overlook the 6 bangers just because the hubs and rear would need to be swapped. Find as rust free a car a possible and go from there.

The guys on this forum that preach the "just find a v8 car it's cheaper in the long run" are 1 of 2 things.

1)Referring to 65-66 cars because the entire front suspension needs to be changed.

2)Live in rust free climates where these cars easier to find in rust free condition.

My $.02

RV

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got a 68 J code coupe w/power str,power dics brakes,9"rear. If you don't mind spending a little more give me a call. I tried to e-mail you directly but it did not go thru.
Rey 219-398-2267

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rey sent you a PM. Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts