Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're looking for a fun car-related event this weekend, you might want to check this out!!!

The Pumpking Smash 300 at Altamont Motorsports Park

It's a 300 lap race. The first 150 laps are on a road track. Then there's an half time show, which was a figure-8 race last year. Then the second 150 laps are on an oval track. Most of the cars are decorated in a Halloween theme, too.

But there is a twist.... the twist is the cars race on hundreds of smashed pumpkins that have been wet down by a water truck. There are spin outs on almost every lap!!! The action is non stop... unless a car dies, at which time the race is stopped to get the driver out of the dead car, BUT they leave the dead car where it stands. Then the car becomes a new obsticle for the racers to navigate around!!! Pure American entertainment for the entire family.

My wife generally skips all the car events I attend, but she does like the Pumpkin Smash race. She and I are going with a few friends, and we'll be sitting down at the far end of the grand stands (looking at the track from the stands, on the far left.)

Opening ceremonies are at 4p, and the race usually starts 1/2 hour after that.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For those of you who did not make it to the 2007 Pumpkin Smash 300 this year. Here's glimpse of what you missed...

About 50 cars racing on a wet down track covered with hundreds of smashed pumpkins!!!

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/29727/2978247880102512036S600x600Q85.jpg

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Glad to see they found a constructive use for all those old Crapmaros out there.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
yea!! everybody get your chevy's and lets go!!!

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Careful, there are some Chevy lovers amongst ya'all.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
cmayna said:
Careful, there are some Chevy lovers amongst ya'all.
My condolences to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts