Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are lots of books wrtitten on making a hi-po V8, but has anyone found anything on getting the max out of a 200 or 250 six. More than just your headers, intake and carb that you read about in magazine articles. I am looking for data on a complete rebuild from the ground up with the 'good' castings # etc. using hi-po parts, companies that supply them etc. Anyone run into such a book.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Falcon Performance Handbook. You can find the link at the Fordsix site. But there are not real parts nubmers in there for you to use. Building up a six is similar to building a eight but do not expect easy bolt-ons. That's were the V8 guys sometimes have it easy.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
The V8 guys are spoiled rotten.. All they have to do is go to Kragen, buy a 2121 cam kit, a 1406 Edelbrock carburetor, 2 Flowmaster 40-series mufflers and a 2005 intake manifold and they're set... It's not quite as easy with a six but it can be done by golly!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I would another sugestion but you guys are probably way ahead of me on this. I used to own a six of a different manufacturer, but I found some really nice parts from Clifford Research in Ca. for six cylinder cars. I was happy with the fit too.

·
Registered
389 Posts
But seriously, I've heard of guys experimenting with superchargers on I6s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts