Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw one on the forbidden website but it went for $40. anyone know what car that was from. i looked at alot of lincolns but they have the latches backwards as the mustang. the actual latch is on the trunk lid instead of inside the trunk. if anyone has one that works can you tell me what car it came from? thanks.

·
4,128 Posts
Yes I have a working electric trunk release lock in my 67 Mustang. I got it off of a late 60's Tbird, I think that it was a '68 bird but it was so long ago. As they say the memory is the second thing to go and I forget what the first is. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif One other thing, I am not positive if it will work in the 69-70 Mustang, again it has been so long since I had my 69 Mustang I do not recall if the locks were different. One other thing if you can find one in the "bone" yard do not forget to get the release button located in the glove box. fd

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I have the one available here, but haven't taken the time to install it yet. I did buy and install my power lock actuators there and they work great and are 1/10th the price at most Mustang suppliers for essentially the same parts.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm using the one Bluefinger linked to. $12 for everything, works perfectly. I wired mine to my alarm. The small arm on the trunk latch is what it will hook up to. There is a small modification that needs to be made to the lock extension to allow it to rotate. Email me for details.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts