Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, longtime lurker here. I recently sold my 65 Fastback I had for years that I was able to enjoy from some of the knowledge I received here. I'm looking to replace it with a what I call "useable investment", a 67-68 Shelby. I have my eye on one and am close to pulling the trigger on it, but i'm extremely nervous and cautious as this would be the biggest investment next to my home. I'm wondering if there are any experts in the Minnesota area that I could pay to come take a look at it before I throw any offers out?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hello, longtime lurker here. I recently sold my 65 Fastback I had for years that I was able to enjoy from some of the knowledge I received here. I'm looking to replace it with a what I call "useable investment", a 67-68 Shelby. I have my eye on one and am close to pulling the trigger on it, but i'm extremely nervous and cautious as this would be the biggest investment next to my home. I'm wondering if there are any experts in the Minnesota area that I could pay to come take a look at it before I throw any offers out?
Unique Specialty & Classics in Mankato.....507 386 1726 talk to Jay

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the car sold today. They emailed me and I made an offer. Several hours went by and the response I got of "sold". Then the next emails were responded to in seconds. I'm pretty sure they used my offer for leverage on someone else. Sucks as I sold mine the other day, but there are more out there I guess. Thanks again...

·
Premium Member
13,853 Posts
if you are still looking, call Jim C of Shelby Parts and Restoration in Green Bay. He has pretty good (excellent) knowledge of what is for sale across the USA and the history of the car(s) in question. He can steer you clear of any "questionable" deals. If you haven't already, join SAAC and you will have access to a great deal of information about any specific car and the market in general.

Z.

PS a good rule of thumb for ANY classic car: if it comes with a "story" about how or why something isn't right, just pass on it and keep looking. There are PLENTY of cars out there (including Shelby's, and I've owned my share of them) that don't need a story. They are called honest cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts