Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, welcome to the forum! This is kind of a strange twist, you are new but the car is old around here........ *G*.

You might want to fill in your profile so as you ask questions along the way we can get an idea what you are working on. I'ts much easier to help you and then you don't have to repeat it all the time.

Once again, welcome. You should get an honorary "Old hand" title........ *G*.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase of your 65 and welcome to the VMF! First I would say, do not be afraid to purchase a good set of tools and do the little things yourself. Oil, plugs, timing etc. This is a good way to get acquainted with the car and learn your way around it. By the way, keep the tools in the trunk when out for long rides you never know when you might need them.

As far as driving the car to Ohio. That is up to you, but most quality mechanics are well versed in the Ford V8. Try asking locally and then go from there. Good Luck!
RB

·
Registered
759 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! You can talk with B.C.D. Preservations, Inc., we are located in Harrington, DE with references available upon request: ask for KC or Ernie.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Weclome from Wyckoff, NJ. There are several Mustang shops in the NJ/PA area. I haven't used any, so I can't give you a recommendation. They're are also several Mustang clubs in NJ. I suggest you attend one of the meetings. These guys can steer you to a reputable shop or two.

Bob.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Another Jersey VMF'er! Welcome and congrats on the new ride!

I have used Glazier's Mustang Barn ( www.mustangbarn.com ) if you need a specialty shop that's closer than KAR. - They're just north of Philly off the Northeast Extension.

G

·
0 Posts
I am the proud new owner of a 1965 Ford Mustang 2x2 Fastback. Some of you might be saying “oh WOW Gee” but what you do not know is that this is not just any 65 Fastback but Bob’s 65 Fastback.
That’s right Bob, you guy’s know Bob wright, the Owner of this Website. Let me tell you it was like pulling teeth to get bob to give me this car. Just kidding Bob is the greatest he made buying a mustang halfway across the country as painless as possible.

Now that I got your attention, back to the question at hand. I am in New Jersey and as much as I would like to work on the car myself, think it would be in better hand with a professional that really knows these cars. Keep in mind that bob’s 65 fastback (oops) I mean MY 65 fastback is in great shape. However, I want to keep it that way and I am looking for a shop in my area that deals with these cars on a regular basis.

I was thinking of driving it to www.karmustang.com in Ohio when I wanted it serviced or anything else I had in mind. Nevertheless, I haven’t heard any recommendations from anyone on this shop.

Ideally, I would like to keep it in the area, but as you can see, I am willing to take it all the way to Ohio as long as I can trust the shop working on my car. They seen to only work on mustangs and that is reassuring.

So there it is I need a shop in my area, any help is greatly appreciated.

I would like to thank Bob for selling me his baby I know it was hard for him to do so.

Once again thanks in advanced for any help.

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Hey! Great to see you on the forum.. I'm anxious to have you stay involved occasionally on the forum so I can keep up to date on the Fastback (I miss it already - badly!).

I know these guys will treat you right - they're full of sh*t, er, I mean knowledge! :)

Keep me posted on the car. I know you'll enjoy it!

-bob

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Glaziers Mustang Barn in PA
531 Wambold Road
Souderton, PA 18964
1-800-523-6708

My family and I have been dealing with them for years. Never a problem on parts, and the cars I've seen them do are top notch.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Welcome and Congrads on getting Bob's car....If I could have afforded it, it would be in South Carolina. You found a great car, and now you have found the plae to help take care og it...Any questions, problems, or concerns, let us know. That is what we are here for....

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I'd put my dollar behind Glaziers, too. And I don't work for them!
Congrats on your wise purchase!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
What needs to be done on the car??? You can drive it up here to morris county and we can do the work for you. I would be glad to see "poppy red" in all its glory /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
This is great! When Bob told us of his plans to mix sawdust into the tranny and engine oil to make things sound a little better for a potential buyer, we thought he was nuts! But apparently it worked. Then his idea of doing body work with houshold insulating foam and covering the rust with rattlecan paint, pure genious! And 1/4" plywood to replace the rusted floorpans! Who'da thunk it but Bob!

JUST KIDDING!! I haven't met Bob, but from what I've gathered from 3 years on this forum I'm sure you got a fantastic Stang from an honest seller. Welcome to the "family"!

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Welcome to the family and congratulations on the aquisition of your poopy red fastback. I am sure it is in excellent condition since Bob tends towards the anal-retentive side (just kidding, Bob /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ).

I can't give you any advice on a shop in your area, but I can tell you that this is the best source of information related to vintage Mustangs and computers on the net.

G

·
0 Posts
nothing, but i just need a place where it could be serviced and if i decide to upgrade to power stering for example, i haver place all picked out already

·
Registered
911 Posts
All I can say is George at KAR is VERY well respected. I've bought 289's from him and they were top notch. I am sure they will give you excellent service.

Just remember KAR is also expensive. You can learn and teach yourself basic things, changeing oil, fluids, brake repairs, etc. It's not hard to learn and save a lot of money.

Kory

1 - 16 of 16 Posts