Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a specific 1965 once owned by my father. He purchased it new in 1965 and was sold in 1975. Both my parents are deceased and I currently am unable to locate any paperwork. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this type of situation? Thanks

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Yeah, pray. ::

Without a VIN or any other numbers, your chances are slim to none. Unless you can go owner to owner.

I'd try to get any info I could from the dealership he purchased it at, for starters.

·
Registered
317 Posts
If it still in state you might talk to your state DMV. They might be able to cross your fathers name to a VIN and then the VIN to a new owner or who it was sold to if out of state. DMV laws vary from state to state so they might not provide any info but it is a place to start.

Bob

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Hello.You could also look through any old pictures that you might have with the car in them and see if you can make out a plate number.Good luck. :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
without some kind of #'s vin or old plate you don't stand a chance unless the person who bought it from your :: folks remember them and have something for you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just a thought - How about checking with your parents auto insurance agent? If you can find out which agent your parents purchased car insurance through, it's POSSIBLE that the Mustangs vin might be in the agents file.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts