Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just pulled the entire front suspension and steering off my car over about 4 hours. I hate the pickle fork. :: The car will have a 351W and power rack (TPC?). Car will be used for 'spirited' streed use, never raced. NPD lists several coil spring choices--
Contour springs lower 1" 480# rate
Contour springs lower 1" 600# rate
Stock replacement springs - rate?

What would you recommend for use with the KYB Gas-A-Just Hi Pressure shocks, already purchased?

Thanks
jim-

ps- It's good to be back at the car. I have not touched it for almost 6 weeks.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Gordon, Don't Forget Progressive Springs!!!

Also I found out the hard way using a pitman arm puller instead of a Pickle fork is much easier. I had one ball joint that would not come loose no matter how much banging. After giving up one night I decided to rent one(free rental) from Autozone. I was able to pop that ball joint in about 2 minutes...No more pickle forks for me!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm probably one of the few that would say the 600#. I have 620s with a half coil cut and do not think the car rides that bad. The handling is light years different from stock (when used with bigger sway bar...etc...) If spirted means you want a car that handles good, go with the 600s.

I do not have any experience with the progressive (eibach among others). They may be the best of both worlds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts