Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone comes across an exhaust clamp that looks like the one on the box below, please get in touch with me. I desperately need one more 2 1/4" original type clamp for my coupe. I'm not looking for NOS necessarily, if it can be cleaned up, that's fine. I've run into a dead end looking for this missing part. Thanks!

http://tucsonpony.com/clamp.jpg

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Have you tried Virginia Mustang? The one they have in their catalog that is supposed to be the exact 1 3/4 -2" Horseshoe Style clamp looks like this. I think it is correct.

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen that one, but it's different from what I need. The bottom attaching piece curves up on mine, and it curves down on that one.

G

·
Those are made by "AP" mufflers
I will take a look through my assorted parts boxes in the morning, I may have some

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The repos that were floating around a couple of years ago were made by Nickson Industries, and they were filing off the size mark and marking them with the Ford logo. Ford did use a couple of different manufacturers, but look for the Nickson clamps as well.

I might have a couple of concours ones coming off of a car soon, but they are for a 289 single exhaust, and I don't remember offhand what size they are.

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, those are the Nickson brand. I bought them from Glazier's about two years ago, but they didn't have enough. I was also trying to get some for my friend's 68 GTCS, but he needs the 2" clamps (has a 6-cylinder in it).

My car has single exhaust and I'd definitely be interested in any that you might have available. Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I imagine it would be the same. My coupe is a 289 with single exhaust so that should be a fairly stock size. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts