Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,838 Posts
Not sure what end product you have in mind and how deep your pockets are but high end Mustang customs are the focus of Big Daddy's Motor Cars in Morgan Hill. .I've seen several of his projects and he builds some nice cars. Another couple of folks to talk to are Paul at Mustang Magic in Fremont and Mitch at Mustang Fever in Santa Clara. I suggest you put together a detailed wish list and a healthy budget before you sit down with anyone to discuss your project. If you are going for a top quality project from the ground up and expect to hire it all out, you will likely be looking at 6 figures in this area.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what end product you have in mind and how deep your pockets are but high end Mustang customs are the focus of Big Daddy's Motor Cars in Morgan Hill. .I've seen several of his projects and he builds some nice cars. Another couple of folks to talk to are Paul at Mustang Magic in Fremont and Mitch at Mustang Fever in Santa Clara. I suggest you put together a detailed wish list and a healthy budget before you sit down with anyone to discuss your project. If you are going for a top quality project from the ground up and expect to hire it all out, you will likely be looking at 6 figures in this area.
As for right now, I think my budget would allow for just fixing the emblems and badging. One of the previous owners glued the emblems to the fenders with a strong adhesive (even though they were already pinned in). When I was pulling off the old cheap GT fender emblems, it chipped some paint off with it, because of the glue being attached to straight paint. Additionally, the drilled holes for the emblems (on the passenger-side fender) were double drilled by someone, so they won't take any replacement clip/bracket.

I'm hoping there is a shop that can at least fix the emblems to be fitted securely and properly ("FORD" hood, "MUSTANG" fender, GT emblem, etc.) and I'm hoping the same place can redo the GT striping on the side, which is currently just vinyl strips, not paint.

· Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,838 Posts
Unless I am mistaken (not the first time!!) you might have a tough time finding a restoration/paint/body shop that has the interest in what is a minor touch up job. I suggest you start with the Maaco level shop and see what they can/will do. Without seeing your car, my guess for cost is likely between $1000 and $1500. A high end collision shop probably twice that. Blending color is laborious and a skill that takes time to master. Expect to pay for that skill and experience. If your current paint job is average or below, it might make economic sense to reshoot the whole car.

· Registered
65 GT 2+2 Hi-Po 4-speed
15 Posts
I recently joined San Jose Mustang Club and got a couple of recommendations for body shops from this group.

The club partners with different vendors and their body shop partner is Russ Brown's House of Miracles in Cupertino. They have been around for over 40 years and Russ and his wife are members of San Jose Mustang Club. This is probably a good first stop based on what you need. House Of Miracles | Cupertino, CA

On the high end, I also got Campbell Restoration and High Performance Center but I think they wouldn't be a good fit for what you are looking to do. Welcome to Campbell Auto Restoration

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.