Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a mustang shop in Northern NJ? Has anyone ever used Garden State Mustangs in Fairfield, nj?

Also, I'm thinking about taking automotive classes... anyone know of who offers them in Northen NJ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I haven't used garden state mustangs. I have driven by his house and seen the projects in the yard. One of my friends had one of his cars there probably 10 years ago but he got impatient and took it to some one that wasn't so busy. My brother talked to him almost a year ago about doing his but he hasn't made up his mind what to do with it yet. There are other places around, i had Mustang Jim's come take a look a my car years ago before i decided i wanted to do the work myself. I think Mustang Jim's is in Wanaque?

·
Registered
107 Posts
a good shop by me that everyone takes their car to is Green's Performance in Red Bank. more central jersey though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool... thanks guys... red bank is pretty close to my parents, so its not that far at all. ill have to check out mustang jim's...

know community colleges or votech schools that offer auto classes for adults? im relatively new too all this and want to make sure my car is properly taken care of.... ive learned a lot here and reading, but there's nothing like getting a hands on education...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I never went here either but they keep sending me a brochure so you may want to check out Passaic County Technical Institute Adult Evening Program. See if you can take a tour of the shop.
PCTI

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
sparky65 said:
There are other places around, i had Mustang Jim's come take a look a my car years ago before i decided i wanted to do the work myself. I think Mustang Jim's is in Wanaque?
Is this a newer place in Wanaque?

I'm originally from Wanaque before I moved here to CT and I don't remember any Mustang places down there. I can only guess it's along Ringwood Ave. someplace.

(I lived on Aldrin Dr. near Lakeland High School / Addice Park)

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
I have friends that live over near the Wanaque resevoir & I traveled through Wanaque alot when I lived in northwest NJ & do not remember a Mustang shop there. Where is it located?.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
WOW, wanaque, Ringwood, I used to "hang " in Haskell as a young up and coming delinquent in N. jersey...My first girlfriend was from cupsaw lake.... I grew up in Butler...Ringwood ave, anyone remember the Van Dunks??? Swimmming at the Mine Hole??? The jackson white "communtiy""??Don't recall any mustang shops in the area, though....L

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Okay you guys made me go look it up because i couldn't remember if i had the right town. :p It is on 400 Union Ave in Wanaque. If i remember correctly its not far from 287. I called him and got his voice mail so he is still there.

·
Registered
21,635 Posts
lleno said:
WOW, wanaque, Ringwood, I used to "hang " in Haskell as a young up and coming delinquent in N. jersey...My first girlfriend was from cupsaw lake.... I grew up in Butler...Ringwood ave, anyone remember the Van Dunks??? Swimmming at the Mine Hole??? The jackson white "communtiy""??Don't recall any mustang shops in the area, though....L
Did you know a guy by the name of Tom Raby? I use to work with him years ago, he was from that general area.

·
Registered
21,635 Posts
Might help is you tell us where you live. I live right off exit 172 on the GSP. I've used a guy in Dumont called Herbs auto body. Does 1st rate work.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've bought parts from the guy in fairfield. I didn,t even know he was still around.
I used to go to the mine hole in ringwood. Alot of drinking and Metal music. Used to drive up in my then new to me unrestored 70 Mach I. I only just getting it finished. I should be driving it this spring. Greens in Red Bank is from what I've heard is the best place around. Get your wallet out they ain't cheap.

Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts