Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, brand new to the forum but I have been lurking trying to learn as much as I can.

I have wanted a vintage mustang since I was a kid and I bought one while I was in the Navy when I was 20 years old, it was the happiest day of my life until I drove it home and had my Dad's mechanic look at it and tell me it was worthless..... that was 17 years ago.

I have again obtained the itch to have a 64-66 Mustang but am very skeptical of having the same issue, I have learned alot about what to look for when inspecting one of these cars but would really appreciate it if there was someone in my area (Tampa Bay FL area) who wouldn't mind terribly much looking over one or two mustangs with me to help me understand what to look for when buying a vintage mustang and could maybe steer me in the right direction as to whether or not the Mustang in question was a good buy or not.

I have a budget of about 10 - 12K, although i want a dependable car that I can rely on....this will not be a daily driver for me, just something to take to work on fridays and enjoy on the weekends with my son (when he's old enough).

Thanks for listening to my rambling and I am truly enjoying this site. Seems like a great group of folks who know more about Vintage Mustangs than I probably ever will. Also if anyone knows of a solid car that fits the above criteria in my area please let me know. Thanks in advance.

What is everyone's thought on this one?....other than the price is too high in my opinion (I know you can't tell much from pictures and an ad but at first glance it seems like a decent car). Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/cto/2156799512.html

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Looks okay assuming there are no rust issues (a very big assumption and one I would never make about a 46 year old car). But that's more like an $8,000-$10,000 car from what I've seen recently.

Welcome to VMF and good luck with your search. If you find a car you want to investigate further, ask on this forum if anyone wants to go with you. We all love to check out old cars and you will probably get some very informed opinions that way.

MrFreeze

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I,m sure someone will chime in here from your area. You may consider getting in touch with a local Mustang club. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts