Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have always been into 65-66 coupes looking for any info on problems with 69 converts, cowl problems etc. Anything or anyplace special to look for problems. Car I'm looking at has typical rust in front of lower doors and rear quarters. But otherwise looks good. 302 2v, magnum 500's, power top

TIA

Michael

·
Registered
762 Posts
You'll have the typical rust spots...Cowl, shock towers, battery tray, behind the gas tank (toward the tail lights), trunk drop offs....and to state the obvious, the floor. If your familiar with the 66 problem spots, your in good shape already to check out the 69.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
In addition to what avj97 said, check the rocker panels carefully. The floors may look good, but the rockers might be rusted out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought they might be close. The car is at my brother in laws so when he puts it in the air I will have him do a complete check on undercarraige etc.

Michael

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,722 Posts
IIRC the cowl cover on 69-70's just unbolts for removal rather than the 100+ spot welds for 65-68's so repairs to a rusty cowl are considerably less difficult to accomplish. Anyone recall differently??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts