Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Looking for My Grandad's '65 Coupe

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  classic_mustangs 
#1 · (Edited)
I need help finding/finding ways to find my grandfather's old 1965 Mustang coup. I have his name, what city he lived in but don't have the VIN. Do you guys know how I can locate his old car, he lived near Newton Falls, Ohio? It was a 1965 white Mustang with a blue interior, 289 V8, and had an automatic transmission. His dad either sold it or junked it after he joined the Military. It was gotten rid of between '66-'72 I am looking for his car specifically.

Thanks, in advance guys!

#2 ·
Welcome to VMF.
Unfortunately no good news for you. Without a VIN you are looking for a needle in a haystack. With a VIN your chances are only slim. Privacy laws forbid DMV workers from providing information about owners of cars.
Something to think about- you don't know specifically which Mustang your grandad owned. Find a Mustang that matches your description and consider it a tribute to him.

#4 ·
I don't know if Ohio issues their tags through the County or State but if there are any old County records archived somewhere you might find a VIN there, or in State records if they bothered to microfilm any. Getting access to the records would be the issue. Is your Dad still alive? If so, being his parent he might get around the privacy issue.

#5 ·
I don't know if Ohio issues their tags through the County or State but if there are any old County records archived somewhere you might find a VIN there, or in State records, if they bothered to microfilm any. Getting access to the records would be the issue. Is your Dad still alive? If so, being his parent he might get around the privacy issue.
Yea, I have a way to get around the privacy issue, but we don't live in Ohio anymore. It'll be a while b4 we get back up there but, we will be back there in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.