Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there have a suggestion for a radio antenna that requires no cutting in the fender? I replaced the fender and don't want to cut a hole for the antenna. I was thinking maybe it's possible to use a hidden antenna that would run along the inside of the windshield or something.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
You can always relocate the anttena to the back, but that requires cutting a hole in the back. After replacing my fender, I did just that ... put a electric antenna in the trunk. I can do that, though ... mine's just a C code coupe /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

(notice in the pic below, that you see no anttena ... it's in it's retracted state at the right rear of the car)

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

http://www.classic-mustang.net/johnpro
http://www.classic-mustang.net/john66/mustang/pics/66fsides2.jpg

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I've never seen one personnally, but I've heard of an antenna, that lays on the rear shelf under the rear window.

Personally, I went with the electric in the rear quarter panel like johnpro. Actually, he helped me get it installed.

Rob
Member: Slightly Modified
66 fastback 351W

·
Registered
708 Posts
A friend of mine has a pretty tiny antenna in his classic car. It is simply mounted to the windshield behind the rearview mirror with doublesided adhesive tape.

It is hardly visible and does the job. It looks like a small rectangular box with two short sticks from the sides. Probably cheap as well.

Columbo

First time rolling restoration, 66 289 nearing completion.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the tape around wire antenna in a '66 coupe. It is taped around the perimeter of the rear window starting at the passenger side lower corner to the top of the window. It is
hardly noticeable and works great! The antenna came from
K-Mart and you'll also need an extension cable from Radio
Shack with Motorola male & female ends. The hardest part
of the job is routing the wire through the quarter panel and
door sill plate areas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts