Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a pitman arm for a 68 with power steering. This is the one that has a hole at each end, NOT a ball joint at one end. It is for the 1 1/8 shaft. Why am I having such a hard time finding it? None of the parts vendors seem to have it. What's the deal? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Are they saying they don't carry it? or that their just out of stock? I don't remember having a problem when I converted over to P/S....... Just for grins...call auto zone or NAPA bet they can get you one overnite.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
The deal is one of the un-written rules of the nature of the hobby: <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Nothing is so rare and unobtainable as the one object you're needing, RIGHT NOW.

<hr></blockquote>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That type "hole at each end" is not one you will find in the aftermarket. They dont wear out, so there would be no call for a replacement.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
called Auto Zone, O'reilly, Nappa and Ford. OBSOLETE which translates to (lets screw Tony). Kidding. tanslates to EXPENSIVE. I guess you guys are right, it doesn't wear out so not many extra parts made. OK guys, who can cut me a deal on a GOOD used one. Do I hear $30? Please?!?!?!?!? Just be sure yours has the right engineering number I listed above. Anyone? Anyone?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i got one,its off a 70 mach 1 ,has the hole for the ball stud
p/o wanted manual st[wanted a work out!]
30.00 +ship
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts