Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched all over the forum and I can't find where I saw somwhere here about some vender that sells some plugwire holders that route the wires neatly along the side of the valve cover and around the front. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have some made by a company called Made4U , Summitracing sells them, the work pretty good. Here's what they look like:
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/mfy-50-710-13_w.jpg

·
Registered
7,980 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thnnks, I was looking for the "madeforyou" types. It was either these, or try to route them like the original. I have a 351C with the aftermarket valve covers that look like Boss 351/302 covers, but they don't have the little bracket in the middle to put the factory plastic wire holder. Also the factory holders don't work will with 8mm wires.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I have some made by a company called Made4U...
Those look really cool. They list two sizes - one for 7-8mm wires and one for 10.5mm wires. Which should I get for my 9mm Ford Racing wires??????

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have some made by a company called Made4U...
Those look really cool. They list two sizes - one for 7-8mm wires and one for 10.5mm wires. Which should I get for my 9mm Ford Racing wires??????
Not sure, I have the 8mm wires. Maybe email Made4u and ask them that question.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I used Made4U's on my Clevo with 8.5 mm MSD wires. I had to drill the holes out a bit. That's what I'd suggest for the 9 mm's too.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have some of the made4u ones but the allen nut that holds the valve cover down did not have enough threads to reach through my vavle covers.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
I have some of the made4u ones but the allen nut that holds the valve cover down did not have enough threads to reach through my vavle covers.
See this is what i was afraid of with my setup. My valve covers are aluminum and have THICK flanges and i'd probably have to find a new allen head bolt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts