Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm finally fed up with how poorly my poor pony looks, and am ready to fix it. Problem is that I need more than a quick paint. We're talking some pretty heavy panel repair. I have most of the sheet to replace, but no place or skills to do so. SO, I need a reputable shop that won't suck me dry, and hopefully can get it done fairly quickly.

Anybody have some recs?

Thx

·
Registered
758 Posts
I can only give half a recommendation, so far...

I spent a long time trying to find (1) a body and paint shop that (2) was at least reasonably competent and (3) would work on a non-insurance older car project and (4) didn't start the billing at $10K (hi there, Advanced Auto!)

On the recommendations of SacBill and Sac69, and more importantly, after examining their paint jobs - one single stage, one two-stage - I went and talked with Miracle on Auburn Boulevard (between Greenback and Manzanita).

I have my reservations, but their work is decent, they seem to really like working on older stuff and know the tricks that don't apply to today's pop-rivet cars, and the shop manager came over to look at my Mustang before it went off for stripping. It's now there in bare-metal form; I should get it back in about four weeks.

Estimate for two-stage base/clear paint with about 25-28 hours of body work (billed at 20) was about $3800. Single stage paint would have cut about 13-1400 off that.

Talk to Doug there (334-7150, or better, drop by). If you're there in the next few days, ask to see my car - and consider having yours stripped before paint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts