Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very new to the Mustang Craze. I am in the Market for Mustang 350 GT convertable. Here are some questions that will probably be easy for most of you. Who is making aftermarket "shelby" style hoods? What is the "pony" interior? What are the specific items that make a GT different than the regular Mustang? Is there a recomended book that will show me all the different Mustangs and styles and options from the factory? What is included in the "Cobra dress up kit". I have tons more questions anyone willing to take some time to educate a newbie would be appreciated. mstev

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
My advice is to do alot of research before you plunk down the stack of cash required to buy a GT350. Fakes abound, and careful research will keep you from buying one.

The Shelby American Auto Club has a great site, and it would be wise to join if you are serious about a purchase. The club has a registry database, and a harcover book, of shelby vins with car history's etc. Good place to start. www.saac.com

For an excellent book on Mustang, with differences between the years, as well as options and a ton of other info, get the Mustang Recognition Guide, by Dobbs Publishing. It is available at any Mustang vendor. About $20, probably the best $20 you'll ever spend if you're into Mustangs....

Just about any vendor will have the parts you need, Branda, Mustangs Plus, Mustangs Unlimited, NPD all have nice catalogs......

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I am in the Market for Mustang 350 GT convertable.
With only a few exceptions, the GT350 convertibles were produced from 68-70.
Who is making aftermarket "shelby" style hoods?
Tony Branda, cobranda.com , is widely regarded as providing the best fiberglass, although there are so many sources, they would fill the text of a response.
What is the "pony" interior?
The pony interior was used in the 65-6 Mustang, called so because of a herd of running ponies in a inset of the seat back
What are the specific items that make a GT different than the regular Mustang?
Mustang Monthly magazine's on-line site once had a section describing the GT characteristics for the various years, which lasted from 65 through 69-- Here's a link I don't know if it's still good.
Is there a recomended book that will show me all the different Mustangs and styles and options from the factory?
While out of print, it's easily found, Miller's book, Mustang Does It! is an excellent book.
What is included in the "Cobra dress up kit".
Originally made for the 221/260/289 engines, 14" Chrome air cleaner with open element filter, Cobra valve covers, chrome oil filler cap, chrome oil dip stick, chrome radiator cap, chrome brake mater cylinder cover, PLUS two colorful metal Cobra Medallians

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tom, I've ordered a couple of books and have had an educational first 48 hrs. I misspoke because I was looking at a car that was a fake. I am looking for a 65-67 GT convertable not a 350 GT. Thanks again. Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts