Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am just returning from a two year assignment to Korea and moved into the Melbourne, FL, area. Any vintage Mustang clubs in the area? Have a '67 fastback and am looking to establish contact for events, parts houses (if any), and reputable service providers in the area. Prior to coming here, I was located in the DC area.

Big Block

·
Registered
2,374 Posts

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
I live in Cocoa , just north of you . There is a small mustang place in Cocoa , I can't say what quality of work ,etc. is there as Ive not used them but I did check there and he can get parts shipped in from NPD in Gainsville and not cost you any shipping . Ill likely use him when I get my quarter panels . I can't recall the name or road , if your needing more info Ill check into it more .
Lemme know if you find any places in Melbourne , might be a big help to me . Chris .

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
OK, I'm back. There is a Space Coast Mustang Club that meets the first Tuesday of the month at the Cocoa Library. I'm not a member, but they have a pretty good following. They will be holding their fall show at Palm Bay Ford someting in Nov. I'll check the date.

There are no Mustang exclusive places in town, but there are some pretty good shops. To name a few: Mike's Auto on Washburn (off Sarno). They did a local guys 65 GT350H Clone with a late model Cobra IRS and engine. B&B Automotive on Ellis. Brian is sharp. He installed the engine harness/computer, etc. on said GT350H Clone. Marks's Auto Body. Some people don't like Mark ($$) but he is good. As is Buckman's, next door. D&L Automotive off Croton does great work on Street Rods and engines. DO NOT GO TO Muscle Car Superstore (sorry Rick). Not sure if Cocoa Mustang is around anymore.

I have thought numerous times of openning a 64 1/2 to 73 exclusive shop in town, but, besides the instant divorce, I don't think the town could support it. Too small.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts