2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Neither....

My craftsman is 110, but it has the infinitely variable voltage control

And it's new (not refurb)

And I got it for 450 bucks by applying for a sears card!!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I have the Lincoln Electric Weld-Pak 155, when you buy the gas conversion and tank your right at 600.00. I've been very happy with the Lincoln. I've done some nice welds, and I'm a rookie..

G

·
0 Posts
I have the Lincoln Weld-Pak 155, and I like it.

However, the Hobart ad linked to your message looks like it already includes the regulator for adding gas. The Lincoln does not; you will need to buy a conversion kit if you plan to add gas (which I highly recommend). Kit cost me $125 through Home Depot, and they had to special order it.

Plus another $100 or so for the bottle and gas, for either one of them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the Handler 175. It is very powerfull (I have not even used the fourth power setting). I have had no problems at all. My only two complaints would be: 1. Only 4 power settings makes burnthrough a problem untill you get the hang of it. 2. the wire feed knob is very easy to brush up against and change your setting. But overall it was a very good buy.

Max Kern

·
6,854 Posts
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=177708-1703-K2159-1

This is what I bought for $427 and I've been well pleased with it. It is only 135 amps, but it is very portable. The other downside is it only has 4 voltage settings. However, you can adjust your penetration via the infinite wire speed adjustment. It comes with the regulators and both tips (MIG and FLUX). The only other things you'll need to buy are a big spool of wire, a decent helmet, and a mixed gas tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts