Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, new to the forum, im looking to purchase a 1969 fastback project, would also consider a 70. Im looking for a fairly solid project and would be willing to spend around 7-10k possibly more for a solid patina car. Needing mechanical work is fine. Im located in georgia but would be willing to look at cars all around the US, thanks!

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,277 Posts
I'd say you're gonna need to double your budget...

Reactions: subpar63 and Israel

·
Super Moderator
10,025 Posts
You’re looking for the most sought after model and year.

15K will usually get you a bare rusted shell of a car. 69-70 Fastback prices are Crazy!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
You need a time machine and go back to around 2005.
Try saving and find a project for around 20K now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen some decent candidates for around my price range, somewhat on the higher end of my budget ill give you that, i just thought i would try this forum as well, i appreciate the input

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Have 2 69 Mustang Fastbacks here in NH. One is rough and probably not what you want, but the other one will be ready soon. Your price is a bit low as this one will be priced 5k above your price range as all the metal work will be done and mechanical work so that the Mustang will drive and stop safely. New headliner, carpet and a laundry list of too many other parts.

·
Super Moderator
10,025 Posts
I have seen some decent candidates for around my price range, somewhat on the higher end of my budget ill give you that, i just thought i would try this forum as well, i appreciate the input
Welcome!

Stick around, this board is Great.

·
Super Moderator
10,025 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
still looking, and would be willing to increase my price for a factory jade black car or lime gold, thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,025 Posts
His long have you been looking?

Within your price range I'd be excited to find Any car of Any color.

Don't take this as a Flame, but what you're looking for is pretty much what most Everyone is looking for.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Hi maximus35 , I will try to get pictures of both Mustangs soon. The rough one is buried inside an enclosed car trailer with a lot of parts inside and around it. May take me a couple of weeks to clear out the trailer. The other Mustang is being worked on by my friend and I will try to get to his garage for pictures soon. Thanks, Craig

1 - 18 of 18 Posts