Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome fellow VMF'ers... Long time no type! I can't believe how things have changed around here... From all the new forums to the ton of new members it's hard to recognize anyone.

I sold my 66 coupe a few years back to a great couple that have essentially finished it. It's nice to have people that keep you updated and send pictures of how your car is turning out. Now that college is winding down my Dad and I are looking to get back in the Mustang world and need some advice.

As a younger guy he had a 73 Mach 1, so we're looking into the world of really any 69-73 Mach 1 or non Mach 1, coupe or convertible... Really anything. Since we've been out of the field for a while we've kind of lost touch on the prices of these cars and need some help.

What we're looking for is a really nice driver that's been restored but doesn't have to be perfect by any means. A local dealer has a 73 Mach 1 Q code restored for around $25k. The car isn't on site yet so we can't go look at it... Would this price be consistant with how things are going in the industry??

Basically I'm just looking for some basic pricing ideas on what we can expect to find out there.

Good to be back, and good to see some familiar faces... Glad "ebay" isn't a banned word anymore too ;)

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Welcome back Corey!!! Prices on any fastback from 65-70 have gone through the roof. the 71-73 body isn't as bad yet but is getting there. just take your time in looking and I'm sure you will find the right car at the right price.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The 71-73 (except for the Boss 351 and 429CJ) have not gone nuts like the other years. IMO you can still get a very, very nice convertible or Mach 1 for about $20K. I'm not talking about a trailered show car but a very nice driver with no immediate needs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts