Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The engine seems to run great. But when I get on it it kinda lags off. But I have noticed the ford ticking sound starting. I tightened all my header bolts and it quieted down a bit but it is still noticable when I get on it. What could that be? The front of my motor has oil leaking on it but not much. Should i try to re-seal my intake. And what is the best way to tighten my rocker arm nuts.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Have you checked the timing? Did the engine used to have more power, and now it's down, or has it always been this way and you want to get the most out of it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I just recently replaced the timing chain with a double sprocket and I know for a fact it is in time perfectly. It was running really mean and would pull really hard. But now I lost alot of power out of it and i cant figure out why. What could I do to get the most out of my motor. Its a 351 windsor and has a hydralic cam and lifters in it. The mileage is about 6000. So what went wrong? Iam clueless. Thanks.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Ensure that your secondaries are opening....if they don't open the car will pull great and then suddenly hit a performance wall where it sounds like crap and can't accellerate anymore at a brisk pace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts