Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far we are 3 for 4 finding pictures for missing colors! Thanks to all who have
sent me stuff for the Mustang Color Archive!

We struck out with Chantilly Beige - though I did get some nice pics of lingerie from
that one... Can't really complain!

Today's installment of "Lost Mustang Color Of The Day" :

Diamond Blue - Code N on 67 Mustangs. (I already have a good pic of this color
on a 68)

Do you have a 67 car with this color? Do you have a picture of a 67 car painted
this color?

If so, please send it along to [email protected]

Thanks!

-Zim

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Hey! That was the color of the vert that Midlife supposedly got for Laurie as a wedding present! Hahaha!! I'm sure either him or Laurie still have the picture. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I had a 67 Diamond Blue coupe with a black vinyl top. Diamond Blue is the lightest blue you can imagine. It looks white if parked next to a blue car, but looks baby blue if parked next to white car. My personalized plates read NOT WHT. I have a dark picture at work. I'll email it tomorrow if I remember.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
You want obscure colors?

How about a 1970 Ford color, "Last Stand Custard"
PPG# 2214
http://autocolorlibrary.com/chips/1970-ford-pg01.jpg

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hey that is the original color of my '70! I might have a few spots left that are that color. After fixing body panels I think only the roof and rusted hood are still yellow.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Zim,

That was a special order color for my 66 A-code coupe. I have the window sticker to prove it! The color was originally a Lincoln color, and didn't become a factory Mustang color until 67, so it makes me feel that my little ole 66 was ahead of it's time!

Unfortunately, it is cast all in primer now, with the exception of the underside of the trunk lid /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I do have a couple of origonal photos of it right after it was brought home in 1966. But then again your looking for 67's......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts