Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 1966 Coupe 289, 4-speed 9" rear and I need a bunch of parts to put this thing back together. Here is the list of items I need as of now but I am sure I will need more as I go:

• Shock mounts for the top of the shock tower - both sides
  • Shock tower support bars to firewall - both sides
  • Driveshaft 51"
  • EVERYTHING for the heater system. The box is missing completely, air ducts, just about everything is needed. I do have the dash controls.
There are a bunch of other things like parking brake assemblys brake lines, interior parts, chrome, etc but I'll just get that stuff new.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey JT i got Shock tower support bars to firewall - both sides.

I have a set that i was going to use and got them sand blasted and was going to paint them but then i got some chrome ones. I got sand blasted ones or i got another set that need cleaned up.

Nathan

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Hi JT,

I have all these parts for your 66. What is your zip code there and would I be shipping these parts to a business or residental address? We use FedEx and to NJ its 1 day service for ground or FedEx Home delivery. They even deliver on Saturday for no additional cost. I can gather up these parts and get you prices along with a shipping cost.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hey JT,
I live in N.Y. But I frequent The Toms River area(I go to brick for Harbor freight,Love that store.lol) typically every weekend during the nicer weather.It looks like you are all set(for now). For what it's worth if you are ever stuck for stuff I can definately help you out (I have a ton of 65-66 stuff),reasonable prices with free delivery and such I can also help advise you,if you hit a snag. That said personally you should not bother with the two piece shock tower braces,typically I remove them and install them in the garbage.If you are going to drive the car you should install an export brace. I probabaly have a good used one laying around I'd sell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for support. I've had a few folks PM me with parts. I have a set of shock tower caps and firewall braces lined up and another member has a complete heater box set up so those parts are taken care of. I need to measure the driveshaft per another request from another person.

Craig and Bruce, thanks for the offers as well. I'll see what else I need and give you guys a call. I think this is one of the reasons why I always likes Mustangs. The parts are easy to get and the community is always there to help.

Thanks everybody!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts