Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realized today that I have a lot of porting to do! It was a pleasant suprise today when I found out that the used trick flow twisted wedge heads I bought are actually the 185cc version with better springs ($1900) vs the 170cc version ($1200). I thought that I got a deal before! My problem is that I have a Holley Street Dominator intake, and the Street Dominators have fairly small ports. After I measured I realized that I'm going to have to take nearly 3/16" out of the port vertically and nearly 1/4" horizontally. That sounds like a bunch to me, and the Street Dominator does not have a very large flange for the gasket to go on. Has anyone ever ported a Street Dominator intake or does anybody have any input?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
With intakes going for less than $200 I would buy a new one that fits and sell the Holley, before I would try to port 1/4" in two directions out of the Holley. I don't know if you even have that much meat to work with. Also, the intake tract should get narrower as it approaches the valve, not wider. Any widening will slow the velocity of the intake charge.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if you even have that much meat to work with
That is what I was wondering. There is not much to work with. What intake would you suggest that has closer to a 2.00" x 1.25" port?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts