On my 68 they were basically the same. It almost looked like they layed everything down together, then welded it together. Use some self taping screws to make sure you get everything realigned the way it was. Worked great for me, just wish I would have thought of it before I removed the top. It would have made the whole thing a snap to put back together. I've got some info on my page that may help if you need.
Thanks for the info. I thought about doing the self tapping screw deal but now that they make a full lower cowl, I figured it would be a waste of time. At least I have some help from someone who restored Mustangs for a living to put it back together.