Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a set of 1/4" lowering blocks to fine tune the ride height of the car. All the blocks I have looked at are 5" long, but spring perches are only 4" long. I would think the spring movement would crack the block. Are their blocks which are only 4" long?

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Since you just want a 1/4" drop, why not head over to the hardware store and buy a piece of 1/4" thick steel. Cut it to size and drill a hole in the center for the pin.

Put some paint on it to prevent rust and you'll be good to go.

Then you'll have full coverage on the spring pad and don't have to worry about it breaking.

·
Registered
747 Posts
plate steel works very well, won't crack, and doesn't deform like aluminum. Find your local metal supplier, they'll have what you need in the right width/length. The only issue, the center pin on the stock leaf may not be high enough to reach the perch of the rear end after the block is in place. The perch is recessed so you have room to work, my suggestion, weld a ring on the block to surround the current pin, then weld a pin on top of that ring to seat in the perch. Or, replace the stock pin with a longer one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts