Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a rear end from a 1991 mustang lx fit my stang? or if it won't will the rims interchange bc i have a set of 25th anniversary rims that i would like to put on her... any ideas??

The Best Truly Never Rest

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
desperado, check the spacing on the wheel it should bolt on but jack it up and put it on the car to make sure you have clearance behind the wheel I don't know what the difference in spacing is between these years. John

Opal frost pearl metallic 67 coupe http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/febef75b01.JPG
also have a 95 opal frost pearl G/T BOSS edition convertible belongs to swmbo

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok sounds good, i'll have to get brave enough to go back into my yard and jack it up and remove the pony's from the 91 *wrecked it back in april last year, killed my best bud* i'll have to have one new tire, but thats worth the rims... they should fit, i just found a mag with some ponies on a classic like a 67... so there shouldn't be a problem

The Best Truly Never Rest

·
Registered
307 Posts
I believe the LX has coil springs and your '68 has leaf springs. You'll probably have to weld on different spring perches.

'68 Coupe, 289, C4, 3.40 gears, GT-40P heads, TCI Streetfighter stall convertor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts