Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somethings going on with Mustangs Unlimited - Mustang Parts Superstore - FREE shipping! , up to now my 2nd fav supplier and what was the 2nd best paper catalog available. A month or so ago i bought a few parts i thought dirt cheap, a few things out of stock I needed then.
Now i get an Email talking about 50% off everything in stock, I let it simmer a while and thought what the heck I'll heat up a CC and load up on some stuff I know i need eventually and not have to shop for a while.(I hate stockpiling parts, i forget and have double buy problems)
So much stuff was out of stock, plus low prices I couldn't even get to over $250 to get no interest on a CC. And I took the time to go through every freakin page!

I think they are going under so try your luck and see what they have that you need, even late model stuff, before it gets to the bankruptcy auction stage like @DallasMustang.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I think they are going under so try your luck and see what they have that you need, even late model stuff, before it gets to the bankruptcy auction stage like @DallasMustang.
I think they are dumping inventory. I got the same email and looked through it. If it's in stock and at a significant discount, I would buy it. Out of stock, I'm thinking rabbit hole...

Allen

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
All my contacts that worked there are gone, but I can tell you last year they did about 10% of what they normally would buy from where I work. With that, the closing of the GA store and the inventory liquidations - the writing is on the wall.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Several years ago when I rebuilt my car the second time around and did the V8 swap, I ordered quite a few things from MU. In the last few years my experience when ordering random parts just hasn't been as good. I guess they have not been doing so well. It's a shame to see these places struggling. I was not really surprised to see Dallas Mustang go under. It is just hard to compete with pricing for the smaller guys.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've spent a lot of money at MU and Dallas Mustang. Very sad to see them go. I'm going home today and do some inventory, see what I want/need and make a final order...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I ordered a few things. Not much to pick from. I have been considering larger wheels and the 16" ten spoke Shelby style wheels caught my eye. Price is only $10/wheel less than Coker, but with free shipping and no tax it makes them about $150 cheaper... Hmmm

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I couldn't resist, wheels on the way! Lack of selection of 225/60r-14 was the tipping point. I can get better tires for $30 less per tire than BFG T/As. Funny how I debated that and have way more expensive bicycle wheels... (I don't think that argument will work with my wife. :) )

·
Registered
303 Posts
mustang unlimited?

Is mustangsunlimited.com going out of business? They have 50% off of all their in stock items going on now, but there aren't many items that are in stock anymore. I've ordered from them before and I had good results, would be bad to see them close down.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Is mustangsunlimited.com going out of business? They have 50% off of all their in stock items going on now, but there aren't many items that are in stock anymore. I've ordered from them before and I had good results, would be bad to see them close down.
As per the other post, we believe they are going out.

·
Registered
303 Posts
As per the other post, we believe they are going out.
I should have scrolled down farther, didn't see the other post. I also looked to see if they had anything I could stockpile and use this winter, but they don't have anything in stock that I need.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yesterday i saw some 17x7 5 spoke in Anthracite grey, a variation on TTD with the old backspacing. They were $69 and change. Today they are gone.

These are the next bargain @$75ea if you want a 17"

mmmmmmmm, those lips.:x

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Errr, after placing the order for 4 - 16" 10 spoke Shelby style wheels I get a note that they only have two. I guess I will live with my 14" Magnums for now.

·
Registered
435 Posts
They have been sitting at 30% then 40% and now 50% off in stock items for around 9 months now. It's an obvious going out of business sign to dump as much inventory at any price just to get cash rolling in the door. IE Sears... I would make sure to order with a credit card which has protections covered by law where debit cards have protections but they are not protected by law so they can weasel out of it if something happens.

I think the bigger issue is a decreasing number of cars being restored now. It has to slow some time...

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
Looks like I can toss another catalog. So sad to see these, once thriving biz's, go down.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Based on reading this I went onto the site -- sadly, it does look like a yard sale in progress. But I did find and order a pair of quarter trim panels for Diane. Won't need them until later but I figured I'd better grab them now. Saved around a hundred bucks; NPD's aren't the same for my coupe even though I'd prefer to shop there. Page after page on MU had "out of stock" on stuff. Too bad, I liked them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
M. Unlimited Fishy Business

Mustangs Unlimited stopped paying some of their suppliers over a year ago.
That's the reason they are out of stock of nearly everything ...:frown2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The website is also down at Mustang Depot- The Cali Store. The one says "under construction" and another is saying Permanently Closed.

I wonder if the saturation point has been reached? It's a sad day if we can't get resto parts.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts