Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the Osborne manual to install the trim around my 64 1/2 convertible. Drawing calls for water proof tape with ford spec m3g58-a. Anyone know what a replacement may be or what to use?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Specifically the trim around the back of the top. Goes under the fasteners inside the car

·
Registered
65 Mustang GT
122 Posts
Never seen it in person but from my research lately regarding rocker panel tape and tape that holds the fuel sending unit wire down, I'm gonna guess it's the same based on being a pressure sensitive cloth tape. Black Gaffers tape is what people have been using for that

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
I have his answer to this one. It's called "Black Gaffer's Tape" You can buy it in a ton of places on the web. The tape is highly used in the Movie and Music entertainment industry to tape down cables and mics and stuff. Very sticky! You can find it on Amazon too in a number of widths, sizes and lengths....It's the same stuff that Ford used too.. I get all my Black Gaffer's Tape from www.buytape.com Make sure you buy whatever size that it calls for in the Osborn Ford Assembly Manual. If memory serves, I bought the 1", 2" and 3" inch widths...The rolls will last you forever practically....and it's all reasonably priced...Tony K.

·
Registered
65 Mustang GT
122 Posts
Is it just me or are people not reading the whole thread and responses anymore? I find this happening more and more frequently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts