Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a couple of centerlinks that have a tag on them that just say Mach 1,,, but don't list a year or if they're for power or manual steering. I'd like to list them on ebay,, but I just don't know what to list them as,, or what they might be worth. They look pretty decent, but they are used & both of them look to still have part of the bushing inner sleeve still stuck on the studded ends,, which isn't that big of a deal,,, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I can't tell by looking at them. But if you find out what they are, I need one for a 69 Mach 1, power steering. ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Why don't you just look at one of the vendors sites and see which ones you have? Try cj pony parts, they have pictures of most of their stuff online. Pretty sure they aren't from a 69', at least they look different than mine.

·
Registered
935 Posts
If they are Mustang at all, they are 1971-1973, which are the same power or manual steering, 6cyl or V8, standard or Mach.

They are definitely NOT any of the 1965-1970 centerlinks.

·
Premium Member
10,945 Posts
i used the 1970 manual steering centerlink on my last 65(70 sock towers) and bought a new on from rare parts to use on my present 65. the part between the left tie rod hole and the pitman arm hole looks different from these. what year is your mustang ? need to know thge year and if its power or manual steer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My stangs are bot 65's,,, but I bought these 2 centerlinks at a stock car auction,,, because nobody else was bidding on them,, and since they said Mach 1.

I'll look on CJ's sight to see if they do look similar to one's they have listed,,, sounds like I'll start with the 71-73 years.

Thanks for all of your help!

Doug

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to all of the pics I have found,,, no luck yet,, the 71-73 pitman arm end, looks to be bent quite a bit differently that the ones I have pictured,, haven't been able to see ant pics of anything newer.

Keep guessing everyone,,, hopefully someone has seen one of these bars before.

Doug

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
If they are Mustang at all, they are 1971-1973, which are the same power or manual steering, 6cyl or V8, standard or Mach.

They are definitely NOT any of the 1965-1970 centerlinks.
Right on Randy, Not any of the Early cars 64-70 Mustang, Not any 64-71 Fairlane, Torino.

Dan @ Chockostang

1 - 11 of 11 Posts