Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any companies that specialize in fixing the dash clocks? Took one of mine apart tonight and it was fried.
Thanks, Ray

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Define fried? Out of the 15 or so of these clocks that I have dealt with only one was beyond minor fixes.
Burned contacts and gummed works are the 2 biggest problems.
Have one with an unsprung mainspring that I have yet to fix, but I still may try.
Bruce (TX)

·
Registered
698 Posts
There was an article in one of my mustang magazines about a company that made a solid state replacement clock for the dash clock. It was very nice, but obvioulsy not original. I have it somewhere in my stack of mags. Anyone else seen this repalcement?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Western Wireless, Box 224, Eastport, Idaho, 83826
I have thier Canadian Phone number but not the US one. They do great work on the clocks and the radios.
Don

·
Registered
147 Posts
There's a guy on THAT AUCTION WEBSITE from time to time that offers rebuilt clocks with exchange of your core. I think it usually goes @$40-50???

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have had all my Mustang clocks repaired by The Clock Works in WI. They do a complete repair according to original specs, or they can even quartz it (not acceptable for concours judging). The flat price is $35, then $15 extra for the replacement of the copper coils. www.clockwks.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts