Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed these, they are metal & glue on. There is black paint in the middle of the letters & raised chrome on the outside of the letters.

Any suggestions of type of paint & best application for painting the black back in? it's mostly wore off.

Thanks,

CT

Attachments

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
they sell replacement sets for $65. NPD #40282-9B

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paint

Thanks for the reply. I've already have about $1000 of replacement parts to buy & was trying to save that $65.

The coloring is also off of the mustang symbol on the gas cap.

These parts are solid, just worn paint. So, I'll try to figure out a way to make them look new. Maybe a tiny art brush & some jars of an oil based paint.

Thanks,
CT

·
Registered
283 Posts
Paint

Hello,
I went to hobby store and found Model Master brand paints. They're enamel based and come in a lot of colors. I chose insignia blue and red for the badges, and they're really close the original color. They come in small bottles like the testor paints. It's been over three years since I've painted mine, and they still look good.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
cool. then do what ^^^ said

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Use some paint thinner and a fine applicator (from Hobby Lobby) after applying the paint to remove it from the chrome areas you don't want paint on. Below is a pic stolen from BuckeyeDemon showing the fine applicator and door emblems he painted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts